SELF-SANITIZING SURFACE COATING SYSTEM
As physicians and parents, my wife and I would like to recommend the iGuard coating product for both home and medical practice use. This is a very personal recommendation to us. Our son, Sam, was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia in January 2013. Due to his chemotherapy and bone marrow suppression, he was severely immunocompromised. My wife and I wanted to do everything possible to make his home environment as safe as possible. Part of that process involved having the iGuard coating applied in our home. I fully believe that this product allowed him to avoid infections for many months. Sam ultimately died from the complications of AML, but did so at home with his family there.
Ben Thrower, MD
What it is
iGuard’s self-sanitizing surface coating system creates continuous protection against bacteria, viruses, fungus and spores for a cleaner, healthier environment. We disinfect with our touchless hydrogen peroxide fogging system and apply our transparent, long-lasting coating to any surface for ongoing protection against dangerous pathogens.
- The HP disinfection provides a clean slate for the application of the long lasting coating.
- The application of the self-sanitizing surface coating provides germ protection for up to one year.
- The treatment isn’t diminished by or designed to take the place of standard cleaning processes.
- The treatment keeps surfaces clean in between cleanings.
- The coating oxidizes bacteria, mold, fungi, and viruses that cause the spread of infections.
- The self-sanitizing coating is safe to use on any surface, including electronic equipment.
- The treatment is an electrostatic spraying process that ensures complete surface coverage.
- The treatment is nontoxic and safe for humans, pets and the environment.
How it works
- The first step is disinfection using an EPA registered hydrogen peroxide fogging process that kills all dangerous pathogens.
- The second step is an antimicrobial coating to continue the process of killing any bacteria and viruses that acts as protectant to keep the surfaces clean.
- The third step is an oxidizing photocatalyst coating that acts as a protectant to keep the surfaces clean between EVS cleaning.
How it all comes together
Our highly trained service technicians will treat the designated area with iGuard’s hydrogen peroxide fogging system. After the area is disinfected and dry, the tech will apply a thin, transparent layer of the antimicrobial coating to the surfaces. The next application is the protective coating of the photocatalytic oxidizer that acts as an electrostatic trap for microbes and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) at a molecular level, completing their destruction through photo-catalytic oxidation. The positive charge of the coating attracts, traps, and then oxidizes the negatively charged virus, bacteria, mold, fungi, spores and VOCs on the treated surface. The antimicrobial efficacy, human and environmental safety, cost efficiency, and ease of application makes the iGuard coating system the best choice available in microbial reduction surface coatings.
Self-Sanitizing Surface Coating Benefits
- Important adjunct to routine disinfection procedures and hand hygiene protocol
- One treatment lasts one year or more
- Keeps surfaces cleaner between standard cleanings
- Makes standard cleaning processes more effective
- Demonstrates that the patient’s health is your top priority
- Inexpensive method to provide additional protection against dangerous pathogens
- Protects from microbes present on common touch-point surfaces
- Provides additional line of defense on surfaces that housekeeping activities may have missed